The parking garage on 25th between 5th and 6th Avenues becomes a flea market every Saturday. In my visits, here are the regular vendors I've noticed:
1. A Russian man who parks himself in the middle tent; he sells art and porn and many a bric-a-brac that doesn't fall into those categories.
2. An Egyptian man who sells coins and speaks many languages. He is the friendliest of the batch and gets regulars--including a well-heeled Israeli man who likes to talk politics.
3. Lisa has a counter at the very front, some with maps, others with jewelry. She is of the sweet-talking variety, but never quite pressures you to buy.
4. A few Senegalese men who sell carpets and furniture. They keep to themselves, mostly.
5. Cole and I shot footage of the market and I've just finished splicing it up. In the video, you will see a man dressed as a vintage Train conductor offering me a Nazi flag, of all things.
Here are photographs by Cole: